Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

No, I meant messing up and I'm sure everybody else understood my sentence too, whether grammatically correct or not. That's the issue I have with grammar pedants, they don't seem to understand that the basic role of language is communication between people and as long as both parties understand what is being communicated, what is is the issue with some minor grammatical errors?
I more agree couldn't 😁 perfectly i understood

This is such a good point. Objectively, Oxford is a tough sell. Sky high prices for everything Not justified by quality of life. The city centre for example has nothing much going for it in terms of bars, restaurants, music venues etc.

Having just taken the plunge myself and moved North, the quality of life for the same money is much better and goes much further. The housing costs in Oxfordshire are scandalous and if I'm a footballer looking at the next 2-3 years it would be a major consideration.

It's a real quandary.
Can't beat a KFC down in Rochdale, Accrington or Oldham can you Kip 🤔

As much as I enjoyed Winnall’s goal yesterday it was far more about Bodin’s flat and driven delivery into the 6 yd box which was an attacking player’s dream. If only we produced more corners like that we would surely score more. Prior to that we had lofted balls to the far side which relied on knocking balls back into the danger area. Credit to Winnall for getting on the end of it but 20 mins at the end when players are tiring is not something to judge his future role at the club. We need a 90 minute quality performance for the times when Marty will be injured/suspended or when we decide to play 2 up front. Winnall has never produced that yet.

No, I meant messing up and I'm sure everybody else understood my sentence too, whether grammatically correct or not. That's the issue I have with grammar pedants, they don't seem to understand that the basic role of language is communication between people and as long as both parties understand what is being communicated, what is is the issue with some minor grammatical errors?
The dumbing down of what is a beautiful language. How it is spoken is one thing, how it is written, a different matter altogether.

This is such a good point. Objectively, Oxford is a tough sell. Sky high prices for everything Not justified by quality of life. The city centre for example has nothing much going for it in terms of bars, restaurants, music venues etc.

Having just taken the plunge myself and moved North, the quality of life for the same money is much better and goes much further. The housing costs in Oxfordshire are scandalous and if I'm a footballer looking at the next 2-3 years it would be a major consideration.

It's a real quandary.

Doesn`t get much right, but this is true.

And not a lot further "North".

Ask my Headmaster!

Well I must confess to having not read all 172 pages so this might have been said but
Have we signed anyone lol
Oh yes KR sounded annoyed before and after yesterdays game but did say it wasn’t anyone at the club …..

No it’s not, it’s grim up North, location location location, you get what you pay for
I would disagree. I am ten minutes from the most beautiful scenery in the UK in the Peak District. I am 25 minutes drive from a City with a huge selection of bars, Michelin restaurants, live music venues, and top end shops. I have a 5 bed detached for less mortgage than I was paying for a 2.5 bed in kiddy. If I'm Cole Stockton, therein lies the problem.

Possibly, judging by KR’s comments. Could just be a case of bigmouth strikes again, of course.

How is being a big mouth? The reports of a recall, didn’t come from KR. He was asked a question, and he answered it. I actually think that compared to previous windows, KR has been relatively tight lipped.

Right, I re-listened to the transfer bit again from KR and typed it out too in case slowed down it made more sense.

The yellow shirt starter? The offer of a Zoom call? Why are we 'way off where we want to be' still?

Ramblings even our Bazzer would be proud of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NC: You could have done deals this week but they weren’t the right ones, things can still happen and it’s not all about money. Is that what you said basically before the game?

KR: No. There was a yellow shirt that we were, and – if anybody wants me to phone them on a Zoom and, and uh – I’ve had some great conversations with people, really good people. One or two things have fell flat this week. And, for me, my team means more to me than any individual and if somebody – I’m not going to get into it, it’s not the time – but there’s been some really positive conversations with some people who want to be here for the right reasons. There’s been some conversations with people for the wrong reasons. Shove it. Do one. ‘Cos we don’t need you. Whoever that is.

NC: Sorry, is that players coming in or players here already?

KR: A number of things! Like, this club means more – there’s no one person who is outside this football club or in this football club is bigger than the club! There’s no manager stood on this touchline who is greater than the badge, and the fans, who have been here for years. We are all a cog in that. Some players I’ve spoke to are dead excited about coming here. And can we make it work? We don’t know. But there’s enthusiasm to ‘can we have a conversation? Can we talk about this?’ Brilliant. But should I be chasing people? Should I be going backwards and forwards between a number of people? Shove it where the sun don’t shine. Because this football club is way off where we need to be still. And we’re in those stages – and for me, I am quite comfortable with who we are. And I think that’s err – and it’s not just people who will think it’s them. And there’s six things that have gone on this week and I’ve gone ‘Oh come on! Really?’. And that doesn’t really sit well with me. And there’s been two or three conversations this week where I’ve gone ‘Oh wow! I didn’t expect that. That is really exciting’ and it’s really refreshing. And you have these conversations with people all the time. Some people lift you to clouds and to dream, some people drag you in the doldrums sometimes and err – a player who skips on this pitch is far greater than someone I have to pull onto it. And that’s it. You cross that white line in a yellow shirt, it’s got to mean something to you ‘cos I think it means an awful lot to me, the players and the fans.

Right, I re-listened to the transfer bit again from KR and typed it out too in case slowed down it made more sense.

The yellow shirt starter? The offer of a Zoom call? Why are we 'way off where we want to be' still?

Ramblings even our Bazzer would be proud of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NC: You could have done deals this week but they weren’t the right ones, things can still happen and it’s not all about money. Is that what you said basically before the game?

KR: No. There was a yellow shirt that we were, and – if anybody wants me to phone them on a Zoom and, and uh – I’ve had some great conversations with people, really good people. One or two things have fell flat this week. And, for me, my team means more to me than any individual and if somebody – I’m not going to get into it, it’s not the time – but there’s been some really positive conversations with some people who want to be here for the right reasons. There’s been some conversations with people for the wrong reasons. Shove it. Do one. ‘Cos we don’t need you. Whoever that is.

NC: Sorry, is that players coming in or players here already?

KR: A number of things! Like, this club means more – there’s no one person who is outside this football club or in this football club is bigger than the club! There’s no manager stood on this touchline who is greater than the badge, and the fans, who have been here for years. We are all a cog in that. Some players I’ve spoke to are dead excited about coming here. And can we make it work? We don’t know. But there’s enthusiasm to ‘can we have a conversation? Can we talk about this?’ Brilliant. But should I be chasing people? Should I be going backwards and forwards between a number of people? Shove it where the sun don’t shine. Because this football club is way off where we need to be still. And we’re in those stages – and for me, I am quite comfortable with who we are. And I think that’s err – and it’s not just people who will think it’s them. And there’s six things that have gone on this week and I’ve gone ‘Oh come on! Really?’. And that doesn’t really sit well with me. And there’s been two or three conversations this week where I’ve gone ‘Oh wow! I didn’t expect that. That is really exciting’ and it’s really refreshing. And you have these conversations with people all the time. Some people lift you to clouds and to dream, some people drag you in the doldrums sometimes and err – a player who skips on this pitch is far greater than someone I have to pull onto it. And that’s it. You cross that white line in a yellow shirt, it’s got to mean something to you ‘cos I think it means an awful lot to me, the players and the fans.
So all that stuff I was saying about grammar pedants, well this is a case of not having a clue what is being communicated!

Back
Top Bottom