Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

It transpires that the Defoe deal was done on Thursday. However, on Friday the chairman refused to sign it off. £6,000 per week was the wage and that figure is what the chairman refused to agree to.
£24 to 30k per month for possibly 5 to 10 goals before the end of the season... I can see why the chairman had his doubts.

We are not that sort of club. Well we haven't been over the last few years. Paying that sort of wage sets a precedent that surely can't be sustainable.

Last edited:
Why would we even offer him that if the chairman wasn’t happy with it - unless he changed his mind last minute? Doesn’t make us look great if so

It transpires that the Defoe deal was done on Thursday. However, on Friday the chairman refused to sign it off. £6,000 per week was the wage and that figure is what the chairman refused to agree to.

In other words someone agreed 6k a week and one of Tiger, thohir or bakrie didn't agree with.

Glad he did… 6k a week for a 40 year old isn’t worth it in my eyes. Not sustainable in this league.

But think of the extra bums on the seats, shirt sales, sponsorship etc. We're paying Hanson 5k a week.

£24 to 30k per month for possibly 5 to 10 goals before the end of the season... I can see why the chairman had his doubts.

We are not that sort of club. Well we haven't been over the last few years. Paying that sort of wage sets a precedent that surely can't be sustainable.
And that's being generous. He's only played 2 games for Rangers this season scoring 0, and scored 4 in 15 league games last season. A player at his age can fall off at any point, so there's no financial sense in taking that risk.

But think of the extra bums on the seats, shirt sales, sponsorship etc. We're paying Hanson 5k a week.
And what has that got us? Admittedly, I'd rather Defoe was getting that wage than Hanson but two wrongs don't make a right.

The Defoe rumour doesn't make sense to me.. If the board are serious about us getting promoted, 6k a week for a goalscorer who could help us get at playoff spot seems rather short sighted.

Its not like its a long term deal, 3 months.

And what has that got us? Admittedly, I'd rather Defoe was getting that wage than Hanson but two wrongs don't make a right.

Just seems a bit strange we were in talks with him and someone drew up a contract. Unless of course Tiger agreed and the takeover completed in the mean time and the new chairman (not tiger) decided the deal wasn't right but I would of thought all were involved with transfers already.

Back
Top Bottom