Away Match Day Thread 26/12/2022: L1: Ipswich Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look back to a old Boxing Day game where we stuffed Notts county 3-0 , end of season we were relegated, to say we won’t get relegated this season , and we go on good runs after losing games to me is a bit of hopeful thinking, yesterday we were outplayed , and the overall team performance did’nt suggest a team that’s fighting for each other to achieve something
Yet the week before and several before they were?

You can accuse on some fronts but lack of effort or fighting for each other is not one of them.

What price we stay up are you offering please.

• React
Reactions: m
Were you around when we got relegated to the Conference?
I was yeah - we weakened massively in January by losing people like Hackett, Bradbury and Craig Davies and replacing them with Neville Roach.

I’ll keep an eye out for the Hellas Verona transfer rumours, but I don’t think we’re relegation fodder or likely to be significantly weaker after January. Not that that’s where we should be setting our sights.

Very poor performance yesterday
We now have two home games in the next few days, 6 points and we give ourselves a good platform to push up the league, anything less than 4 points and it could well be a struggle in the coming weeks.
Lets hope it’s the former and with a couple of decent January signings then 2023 could be a good year.

COYY

I was yeah - we weakened massively in January by losing people like Hackett, Bradbury and Craig Davies and replacing them with Neville Roach.

I’ll keep an eye out for the Hellas Verona transfer rumours, but I don’t think we’re relegation fodder or likely to be significantly weaker after January. Not that that’s where we should be setting our sights.
We didn’t lose those players, we deliberately sold them to make some money. Fortunately our current owners seem to have a very different attitude.

Yet the week before and several before they were?

You can accuse on some fronts but lack of effort or fighting for each other is not one of them.

What price we stay up are you offering please.

I saw a distinct lack of effort at times yesterday and so did those stood around me.

And there certainly wasn’t a team spirit. Geez we had a player on the center circle head down not moving and we played on. We had a player cleaned out against the advertising hoardings and the team should have lost their s**t on the player that did it .

We need some fight, some leaders, some protectors and some younger players who can run fast and tackle hard.

As an opposition you’d think we are fun to play against. Very few crunching tackles, and no speed or physical strength in our front line

Never seen a team melt as much as you yesterday.
Visibly gave up and couldn't be bothered.
All comes from the manager.
Thanks for the three points.
Ooh that’s a funny coincidence isn’t it, a random fan of another team pops on and he’s anti KR!! What are the chances?!

• Haha
Reactions: m
We had a player cleaned out against the advertising hoardings and the team should have lost their s**t on the player that did it .
I have to agree, that does worry me about us. A young lad, homegrown, who’s come in the team and done well, is absolutely cleaned out in a disgraceful way and none of our players remotely gave a s**t. We don’t seem to back eachother up much when tackles come flying in to one of our own, I’ve noticed that a few times this season. Not sure why but I’d like to see us stand up for eachother a bit more

At the end of the day KR has got to pull a few rabbits out of the hat early in the window, if he doesn't and we keep plodding on as we are now we will either be relegated or escape by the skin of our teeth.
At the end of the day as much as we all want to see us moving up the leagues we still need to see entertainment and this season its been crap.

“We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball”

What a s**t load of singers we have if they think this is acceptable banter. It was 2-0 not 5-0.

Support your team you muppets.
Some of our away support is an embarrassment.

“We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball”

What a s**t load of singers we have if they think this is acceptable banter. It was 2-0 not 5-0.

Support your team you muppets.
Unfortunately, it was 3-0 so I take it you left before the final whistle? But yes, a sh*t chant and cringeworthy too. However, for the 28k inside PR I must say the majority of the home support I witnessed were sat with their hands nailed permanently to their seats for large parts of the game! Just think if we had just half of that amount at home especially in a new stadium I'm sure we would do much better than what I heard yesterday at the Ipswich fc care home.

Regarding songs and anthems their really must be a way towards inventing and reinventing. Maybe the old heads out there need to throw away their slippers and help out the young bucks somehow.

COYY'S

Unfortunately, it was 3-0 so I take it you left before the final whistle? But yes, a sh*t chant and cringeworthy too. However, for the 28k inside PR I must say the majority of the home support I witnessed were sat with their hands nailed permanently to their seats for large parts of the game! Just think if we had just half of that amount at home especially in a new stadium I'm sure we would do much better than what I heard yesterday at the Ipswich fc care home.

Regarding songs and anthems their really must be a way towards inventing and reinventing. Maybe the old heads out there need to throw away their slippers and help out the young bucks somehow.

COYY'S

No it wasn’t. This chant was well before the third goal.

Expecting comments of :-
We pay their wages
Did you see game X in the conference
We paid x for a match ticket
We travelled X miles
Why don’t you start your own chant

Relegation doommungers???? I've seen enough relegations, or relegation scraps in my time ,to know we are on thin ice. How do we know how this pans out????? No one does, that's why it's a funny old game....
We are too good to go down, trust me on this, as I am pretty sure I won’t get this wrong twice (the first in 2006)…..

• Haha
Reactions: QR
No it wasn’t. This chant was well before the third goal.

Expecting comments of :-
We pay their wages
Did you see game X in the conference
We paid x for a match ticket
We travelled X miles
Why don’t you start your own chant
Calm down 'G'...eezer. I've already agreed it was a sh*t chant and out of order but does it really matter if this was at 2-0 or 3-0 down it was still unforgettable like chanting by the few. I'm glad you stayed like us to the bitter end too. Happy now X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom