Home Match Day Thread 10/12/2022 L1: OUFC v Barnsley - Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they wanted today to go ahead, it would’ve.

England v France & means we won’t play a decent Barnsley team till after the January window. Who’d want a fans forum off the back of a defeat?

Make of that what you will.

Come on 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
I think your talking out your a**e .....we would have beaten Barnsley

The usuals coming out with conspiracy shite!

The game was called off by the referee who are being asked to assess conditions earlier to take into account the travel time for the opposition.

The covers have been used to good effect in the past and there have been times when we've played and others haven't. The overnight temperatures dropped more than expected and it was felt by someone independent of both clubs that playing conditions would have been dangerous for players.
I still think someone forgot to turn the heat lamps on and I blame KR 🙂

If they wanted today to go ahead, it would’ve.

England v France & means we won’t play a decent Barnsley team till after the January window. Who’d want a fans forum off the back of a defeat?

Make of that what you will.

Come on 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Someone else mentioned this earlier. I suppose it prevents robinson facing a fans forum after a defeat.

B
Could of removed the covers this morning and it probably would of thawed out by 3pm with the sun and a temparature currently at 4°, the area down near the south stand they could of used the heat lamps to thaw out. Tomorrow it definitely wouldn't of been on with temperatures overnight going down to -5° and day temperatures barely getting above 0° but it seems like today the pitch wasn't given much opportunity to recover from an overnight frost.
Being a geek, my outdoor thermometer got to -0.5 at 1610 and by 1630 was -1, so might have just playable.

B

Being a geek, my outdoor thermometer got to -0.5 at 1610 and by 1630 was -1, so might have just playable.

Yeh it all depends on your location. Friday morning it was only 0° in Abingdon but when I drove to Didcot it was -3°

Yeh it all depends on your location. Friday morning it was only 0° in Abingdon but when I drove to Didcot it was -3°
When I woke up @5:00am.it was -6 when I got to work was -1

Hope you are playing with a red golf ball!
Actually played with a standard white ball lol and finished the nine on +3. Strange that if we had the +3 in temperature this afternoon especially with the sunshine we experienced on the golf course this after this heady figure would had seen our game on this afternoon.

As I said earlier many, many southern based clubs today saw their games played and it was odd that even some southern based national league clubs even managed to play their games albeit with much lower budgets and less protective sheets so how the hell did all these clubs pitches avoid the blanket of frost we had? As Marv said in Home Alone 2 'I smell fish'.

COYY'S.

That’s some technique from the Ref to be fair.

40b7eb86f42bc529ce89d1ca0ee4fe31.jpg

Can only think of one other player who could ping a ball as well.

90cc71cfcb2979daa478922aaed88a48.jpg

I'm impressed the Ref could do that without a foot!

Last experienced at...Gateshead in the cup?
Any other candidates for the "Long way for nothing" trophy?

Newcastle, as I was driving into the city when it was publically announced the game was off. And Newcastle again when the game got abandoned at half time for a waterlogged pitch.

I’m just the other side of the ring road and my garden hasnt defrosted ! Going for a walk the ground is very patchy
Yeah, but don’t forget that the pitch was covered and we have infra red lighting/heaters which I guess your garden doesn’t have.

Karl revealed that our pitch covers only protect the grass down to -4C. Last night it hit -6C at the stadium.
But it warmed up during the day, so I guess the temperature would have risen above -6c if they’d inspected the pitch a bit later, say 11am/12pm etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom