Home Match Day Thread 10/12/2022 L1: OUFC v Barnsley - Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the point, more effort in those days.ive see a lot of OUFC matches played on icy pitches just as bad ,& played on them as a kid & youth n adult . I volunteered a few times to clear the pitch at the manor. Anyhow don't read to much into it, it's only a bit of nostalgia..
Oh plus if K****m would of built the stadium to specification, we would of had undersoil heating ☺️

Snow and frost on the pitch at Aldershot in January ‘87.

The coldest I have ever felt at a football match. Even colder than in Oldham in December 2000.

EZ7CCdPX0AEzXLT

And some people think the owners should bend over to Kassam and give him a blank cheque so he can write some over inflated figure on it to purchase the shoddy stadium. 😃
I wouldn't give him a penny, he's ripping us off with the quote to buy it.. just like he's done since day 1 ripped us off.

Bit rubbish of us to be honest when you look at the clubs who have got their games on. Tinpot clubs really.
I thought we had heaters to make sure the pitch didn't freeze I guess someone forgot to turn them on 🤣🤣

I find it slightly bizarre that our pitch is considered unplayable and the last time of looking at a map we are located in southern England and bizarrely nearly every other club in southern England are still playing today and as far as I know none of them have under-soil heating? Even that load of country 9 fingered cousin's have got their game on too....

I'm now off to play 9 holes of golf where it is playable and this is in Oxfordshire. Let the games pile up high.

COYY'S

I find it slightly bizarre that our pitch is considered unplayable and the last time of looking at a map we are located in southern England and bizarrely nearly every other club in southern England are still playing today and as far as I know none of them have under-soil heating? Even that load of country 9 fingered cousin's have got their game on too....

I'm now off to play 9 holes of golf where it is playable and this is in Oxfordshire. Let the games pile up high.

COYY'S
My garden a mile away from the ground is frozen hard, you’d need a massive hairdryer on it for hours

Is’nt the angle of the south stand roof in relation to the sun quite a lot to do with this decision?

Club will be disappointed it’s off; Robinson, less so.

COYY'S

Problem is the pitch was inspected at 9am before the sun even come up. They probably done it early so they didnt let down the majority of away fans traveling down from Barnsley. By 12pm the pitch would of probably been touch and go as to wether it would of been playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom