Status
Not open for further replies.
My team for today
Frostie
Frost Icey slippery iced
Ice cold freeze freezing
Artic chilly

Should get the win

I've also just noticed Gillingham v Bradford is postponed and that doesn't take place till tomorrow. Maybe if there is a possibility of the game not going ahead the correct call is to postpone it. I'm sure everyone has a memory back in the day of travelling miles and finding out when you got to the ground the game had been called off. With the cost of living crisis it would be even worse for this to happen now.

I've also just noticed Gillingham v Bradford is postponed and that doesn't take place till tomorrow. Maybe if there is a possibility of the game not going ahead the correct call is to postpone it. I'm sure everyone has a memory back in the day of travelling miles and finding out when you got to the ground the game had been called off. With the cost of living crisis it would be even worse for this to happen now.
Last experienced at...Gateshead in the cup?
Any other candidates for the "Long way for nothing" trophy?

Problem is the pitch was inspected at 9am before the sun even come up. They probably done it early so they didnt let down the majority of away fans traveling down from Barnsley. By 12pm the pitch would of probably been touch and go as to wether it would of been playable.

^^ @OX14 post -
I've been for a few circuits ,walking around Headington Hill park ( with my other half and her dog)- frosted/frozen grass areas were pretty much all 'defrosted' by 12.45 & areas with a small amount of frost visible
had very nearly defrosted ( vast majority of frozen/frosted areas were / had been basking in the Sunshine ...... that said, the back garden were I am has had no sun and is still frozen/ frosted

IF the covers at the breeze block had been removed to allow the sun to get to the pitch- AND, IF there wasn't an England world cup game kicking off at 7pm this evening- I wonder if today's scheduled Saturday game ( last home game before xmas) would've been postponed - as its a balmy 4 degrees outside at the moment

Its going to cost the club shop some lost revenue in merch sales methinks- and will a tuesday night game at a date tba attract 600 or therabouts travelling Barnsley fans

Sooner were out of the breeze block and in a stadium that has undersoil heating the better

Im quite miffed and peeved the game has been postponed- Ive now got a boring 5 hours or so to fill

Bastard referee !

Problem is the pitch was inspected at 9am before the sun even come up. They probably done it early so they didnt let down the majority of away fans traveling down from Barnsley. By 12pm the pitch would of probably been touch and go as to wether it would of been playable.

^^ @OX14 post -

I've been for a few circuits ,walking around Headington Hill park ( with my other half and her dog)- frosted/frozen grass areas were pretty much all 'defrosted' by 12.45 & areas with a small amount of frost visible
had very nearly defrosted ( vast majority of frozen/frosted areas were / had been basking in the Sunshine ...... that said, the back garden were I am has had no sun and is still frozen/ frosted

IF the covers at the breeze block had been removed to allow the sun to get to the pitch- AND, IF there wasn't an England world cup game kicking off at 7pm this evening- I wonder if today's scheduled Saturday game ( last home game before xmas) would've been postponed - as its a balmy 4 degrees outside at the moment

Its going to cost the club shop some lost revenue in merch sales methinks- and will a tuesday night game at a date tba attract 600 or therabouts travelling Barnsley fans

Sooner were out of the breeze block and in a stadium that has undersoil heating the better

Im quite miffed and peeved the game has been postponed- Ive now got a boring 5 hours or so to fill

Bastard referee !
Where I am in littlemore it's sunny but chilly the ground has defrosted and I have a feeling if England weren't playing @7pm.they wouldn't have called our game off I'm also abit peed off but hey ho more drinking time for me 😜

What does it say when the only other games off are at Accrington and Morcambe, areas known for potential cold weather.
Could we not made more of an effort as other clubs clearly have?

Where I am in littlemore it's sunny but chilly the ground has defrosted and I have a feeling if England weren't playing @7pm.they wouldn't have called our game off I'm also abit peed off but hey ho more drinking time for me 😜
I’m just the other side of the ring road and my garden hasnt defrosted ! Going for a walk the ground is very patchy

I find it slightly bizarre that our pitch is considered unplayable and the last time of looking at a map we are located in southern England and bizarrely nearly every other club in southern England are still playing today and as far as I know none of them have under-soil heating? Even that load of country 9 fingered cousin's have got their game on too....

I'm now off to play 9 holes of golf where it is playable and this is in Oxfordshire. Let the games pile up high.

COYY'S
Hope you are playing with a red golf ball!

If you get a ref in for a pitch inspection they will call it off, it’s the easiest decision for them to make. Game could of been played but it’s done now, not much can be done about it.

Karl revealed that our pitch covers only protect the grass down to -4C. Last night it hit -6C at the stadium.

shouldve double layered the covers then

Could of removed the covers this morning and it probably would of thawed out by 3pm with the sun and a temparature currently at 4°, the area down near the south stand they could of used the heat lamps to thaw out. Tomorrow it definitely wouldn't of been on with temperatures overnight going down to -5° and day temperatures barely getting above 0° but it seems like today the pitch wasn't given much opportunity to recover from an overnight frost.

They are very expensive apparently. This is something else that hopefully could be improved if we we move to a new stadium.

If they wanted today to go ahead, it would’ve.

England v France & means we won’t play a decent Barnsley team till after the January window. Who’d want a fans forum off the back of a defeat?

Make of that what you will.

Come on 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

The usuals coming out with conspiracy shite!

The game was called off by the referee who are being asked to assess conditions earlier to take into account the travel time for the opposition.

The covers have been used to good effect in the past and there have been times when we've played and others haven't. The overnight temperatures dropped more than expected and it was felt by someone independent of both clubs that playing conditions would have been dangerous for players.

It's just unfortunate
Barnsley's team and officials were already here
If they thought it was playable they'd have kicked up a fuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom