Home Match Day Thread 29/12/2022: L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said before and will say it again if G,OD is coached properly he could be like drogba or even Lukaku this young man has the physique he's got pace he knows where the goal is and he's only young he's only going to get better IF he coached properly and listens to the people around him.

He could even go on to be more like a, erm, well known white player!!!

The whole Jodie Jones saga is bizarre.

Janic is being given a chance to get fit, fair enough, I haven’t got a problem with that. Personally I’d prefer some ‘behind closed door’ friendlies rather than using first team fixtures, but if that’s not possible then so be it.

To my mind it feels as if Jones hasn’t been given a fair crack of the whip. There has to be a reason for that. There were some awful team performances earlier on in the season and yet he was left on the periphery. All very odd..

I feel sorry for the lad , he’s been messed about by the club. I hope he allowed to leave in January and get his career back on track, he needs to be given a chance to play.

You wouldn’t say Tyler Goodrham could become another Bukayo Saka or Ollie Watkins so why any different for O’Donkor?
I’m confused now, I can’t remember what race Ollie Watkins is. Race is a meaningless construct anyway and he wasn’t meaning any harm.

I’m confused now, I can’t remember what race Ollie Watkins is. Race is a meaningless construct anyway and he wasn’t meaning any harm.
I know!! I was simply challenging the comment that sought to suggest any player of any race can emulate any player of any race. Let’s not get over sensitive about a harmless comparison with two of the best black strikers we’ve seen in the PL.

I've said before and will say it again if G,OD is coached properly he could be like drogba or even Lukaku this young man has the physique he's got pace he knows where the goal is and he's only young he's only going to get better IF he coached properly and listens to the people around him.

You probably didn’t mean it but it reads like you are rating Lukaku over the far superior Drogba the way you have written it, which is madness.

Maybe it was the hair, can’t put my finger on it, but GOD for the first time looked physically like a L1 centre forward last night when he came on, whereas previously he’s looked like a big youth team player. One of the few bright sparks of this season has been seeing him and TG coming through, both look to really have something.
Completely agree but that is what happens with young players if given the proper chance ....need a run of games to find their feet . Tyler could definitely do with a few more starts imho

Sometimes things happen like the disjointed transfer market in the summer. And that has given God and Tg the chance to shine sometimes you need a bit of luck and if one of these two become great players and take us forward as a club we will all think Karl is great.

I did enjoy GO'Ds introducing himself to their centre back (24 I think) when he came on. Jostled the centre back and when the CB tried to hold him for the throw-in he just shrugged him off. Pretty much showed the centre back he'd lost the physically battle without doing much.

Watching back the first half that I missed and it really was a game of two halves. First half, Bate and Brannagan involved with everything, Anderson skilful and a deceptive turn of pace, and Murphy, finally the quality ball in from out wide we have been missing. On the latter, I’d guess 4 out 5 times he’s managed to get the ball dangerously into the box. Second half all a little too manic and lacking someone to put a foot on the ball and slow it down when necessary. If we can play like the first half for at least 80 minutes interesting times!

And as for Matty’s goal, it looked like handball and a case of Matty doing what he does best to disguise the fact. But maybe I am wrong.

Amazing that nobody made a fuss about inniss assault on matty. Didnt our players notice!?

I certainly didn't notice it from the East Stand. In hindsight, it was a strange one that no other player reacted or that Matty T didn't get angry after treatment as he isn't shy of having discussions with Refs.

You probably didn’t mean it but it reads like you are rating Lukaku over the far superior Drogba the way you have written it, which is madness.
C'mon man Lukaku isn't fit to clean drogba's boots I was saying they both physically strong players Lukaku probably has more pace than drogba had and I can see similarities from both of these players in G'OD

Charlton centre back Ryan Inniss could be in trouble for an assault on Matt Taylor

From the Charlton fans forum:

Absolutely, the guy is a lunatic.

Looking on his wiki page:

Port Vale on loan - 5 yellows in 5 starts.

Newport - sent off for BITING a West ham kid in an EFL Trophy game.

He has three police cautions: one for a public order offence in 2011, one for common assault in August 2015 and one for being drunk and disorderly and resisting arrest in March 2015.

In 2016 he was sentenced to 14 weeks in prison for smashing a bottle over someones head at a bar in Beckenham. But was released on appeal after just 3 days after the judge accepted he had an underlying alcohol issue.

Charlton - sent off 4 times in 47 league games.

140 league games overall - 7 reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom