Home Match Day Thread 29/12/2022: L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not,but you never know if the right offer comes in

We don't need to sell and he doesn't want to go. While we may not be all guns blazing for promotion this season (that will change once planning is approved) we still have a top 6 budget available.

At last a game that was enjoyable 😉 I thought magune, Bate, Anderson ran the show last night Bate with every game he is playing he is just getting better and better and last night looked on another planet with his control, passion, passing, chasing wonder if Leeds will sell as he will be hell of a asset .Also thought the ref was one of the best I've seen this season so credit to him 👏 and couldn't believe how poor Charlton were now they are in trouble. Anyway transfer window open in a few days let's see where we go from here my first signing would be BATE

At last a game that was enjoyable 😉 I thought magune, Bate, Anderson ran the show last night Bate with every game he is playing he is just getting better and better and last night looked on another planet with his control, passion, passing, chasing wonder if Leeds will sell as he will be hell of a asset .Also thought the ref was one of the best I've seen this season so credit to him 👏 and couldn't believe how poor Charlton were now they are in trouble. Anyway transfer window open in a few days let's see where we go from here my first signing would be BATE
He won’t come here, he’s already on a huge wage at Leeds
The minimums he will demand in wages is around 20k a week so a top Championship club maybe, certainly not us

Yes Bate would be a great signing but the best would be planning permission for a stadium .Massive

We got Ciaron Brown last year in January. I would argue he's been our most consistent best player over the last year. Plenty of players available on loan too, we only have 2 players on loan and can accommodate 5 in a match day squad.
Yes, we got one good player, not 5.

I am.not sure that you can judge Windshutt yet
He is getting back to fitness. I suspect that he will prove to be a very good player when fit.
I agree - he looked a bit rusty but he also looked like a real unit who when up to speed will scare L1 defenders. He also hit a shot that the keeper couldn’t hold leading to GOD’s goal. A lot of our players were congratulating Yanic in the celebrations.

Not exactly true. He would be very much affordable, depending on transfer fee.
Nonsense
A few years ago we were saying the same thing about Luke Garbutt when he came good for us. He was on 30k a week back then with two years on his contract.
This season we tried to get Gavin Whyte back from Cardiff and he had a year left on his contract but we couldn’t match the wages.
Bate is with a Premier Club not sure how long left on his contract but say it comes to an end this year. If you think we could afford him you are in fantasy land

Nonsense
A few years ago we were saying the same thing about Luke Garbutt when he came good for us. He was on 30k a week back then with two years on his contract.
This season we tried to get Gavin Whyte back from Cardiff and he had a year left on his contract but we couldn’t match the wages.
Bate is with a Premier Club not sure how long left on his contract but say it comes to an end this year. If you think we could afford him you are in fantasy land
Let’s just try our hardest to keep him for the rest of the season, mom last night.

Very enjoyable match last night and at times we had our old swagger back.
we totally outplayed Charlton in the first half.
second half they changed and tried bombarding our penalty box, and when they got the goal we responded again for a comfortable win.
Well done to the lads for bouncing back from the Boxing Day poor showing.
Really looking forward to Sunday now.

COYY

Nonsense
Ok. How much does he earn?

He didn’t want to come. Brannagan earns more than him now and Browne and Murphy are on nearly the same as he’s on at Cardiff.

Back to the game - finally a genuinely good performance. Charlton should’ve levelled the match with arguably the best chance of the game at 2-1, but bar a 15 minute period in the second half they were firmly second best. Their new manager got it all wrong and it was clear that the Palace loanee and the young target man who came off the bench are their best attacking options. Seemingly they’ve been two of their best players this season so God only knows what he was doing benching the pair of them. If I were a Charlton fan I would be very worried about relegation.

Hoping for three more points at the weekend against an Exeter side who have already been stuffed twice this season. Murphy wants to play against Arsenal so he should be fine and firing.

He didn’t want to come. Brannagan earns more than him now and Browne and Murphy are on nearly the same as he’s on at Cardiff.

Back to the game - finally a genuinely good performance. Charlton should’ve levelled the match with arguably the best chance of the game at 2-1, but bar a 15 minute period in the second half they were firmly second best. Their new manager got it all wrong and it was clear that the Palace loanee and the young target man who came off the bench are their best attacking options. Seemingly they’ve been two of their best players this season so God only knows what he was doing benching the pair of them. If I were a Charlton fan I would be very worried about relegation.

Hoping for three more points at the weekend against an Exeter side who have already been stuffed twice this season. Murphy wants to play against Arsenal so he should be fine and firing.
I thought 23 Blackett-Taylor, if that’s his name, was their biggest threat. Anderson couldn’t deal with him but wasn’t helped by us constantly giving them the ball and leaving far too much space. Odd that they left such good players on the bench

Stewart Donald sat in the Directors Box, can’t see Charlie Methven. Andy Scott is in the front row who is
Charlton’s new Technical Director.

FlN9hKnWAAIEcAr

Ok. How much does he earn?
From what I can gather he was on 5k a week at Chelsea he was then sold to Leeds for 1.2 million.His contract is until the end of the 2024 season. I don’t know how much he is on currently but my guess is that he at least doubled that figure to go to Leeds if they paid 1.2 million for him.
As I said Leeds would want that ammount in transfer fees and we would have to pay at least what he is getting now.
Non starter at the moment things may change if at the end of his contract he is looking for another club

Birdio

Whyte not coming here………. Anything to do with our current manager.
I was misinformed about the money situation being the reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom