Home Match Day Thread 29/12/2022: L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A much better performance last night, first half especially we were electric at times and Murphy had 15/20 minutes where he was completely unplayable, although I'd like him to try and stay on his feet more. He got a couple of soft fouls but was throwing himself to the ground for the potential penalty when it looked like he could have carried on. The first goal had class running right through it and it was all done at pace which was great to see. Bate was excellent, Long had a tough time against Stockley and although he didn't win much in the air he made it too hard for Stockley to win anything cleanly as well as some nice touches going forwards. When we were messing around with 5 at the back I'm surprised he didn't get many goes as the rampaging third centre back as it's in his locker.

Saying all this though I'm certainly pleased Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn didn't appear until the second half, Rak-Sakyi in particular was causing all sorts of havoc down his side. I've been critical of McGinty previously but he could do nothing for the goal and made a great save from Leaburn to keep us ahead.

From what I can gather he was on 5k a week at Chelsea he was then sold to Leeds for 1.2 million.His contract is until the end of the 2024 season. I don’t know how much he is on currently but my guess is that he at least doubled that figure to go to Leeds if they paid 1.2 million for him.
As I said Leeds would want that ammount in transfer fees and we would have to pay at least what he is getting now.
Non starter at the moment things may change if at the end of his contract he is looking for another club
That figure has not changed much. Certainly not double. He signed a 3 year deal with Leeds in July of 2021 so, just over half of that left. I would guess that a lot depends on whether Leeds see a future for him in the premiership (or Championship!) as to his value.

A much better performance last night, first half especially we were electric at times and Murphy had 15/20 minutes where he was completely unplayable, although I'd like him to try and stay on his feet more. He got a couple of soft fouls but was throwing himself to the ground for the potential penalty when it looked like he could have carried on. The first goal had class running right through it and it was all done at pace which was great to see. Bate was excellent, Long had a tough time against Stockley and although he didn't win much in the air he made it too hard for Stockley to win anything cleanly as well as some nice touches going forwards. When we were messing around with 5 at the back I'm surprised he didn't get many goes as the rampaging third centre back as it's in his locker.

Saying all this though I'm certainly pleased Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn didn't appear until the second half, Rak-Sakyi in particular was causing all sorts of havoc down his side. I've been critical of McGinty previously but he could do nothing for the goal and made a great save from Leaburn to keep us ahead.

First goal was like one we'd have scored last season. As Karl said in his post-match, at times we were Oxford United yesterday.

Birdio

Whyte not coming here………. Anything to do with our current manager.
I was misinformed about the money situation being the reason

He wanted the same amount he is being paid by Cardiff. He only has 6 months left now so maybe the situation has changed.

I have a feeling we will get 2/3 loan players in but no permanent deals other than maybe another Irish youngster.
Hopefully another forward and defensive midfielder and maybe a left back which will enable Brown to play in his natural position of left centre back. This will then make sure we have completion for places
Joseph will be back soon and I hope Browne is not out for too long.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Jones,Smyth and Goodrham go out on loan
Also Brannagan may be on some clubs radar
Brannagan? Be surprised in January!

This team is fire and the bench
Eastwood
Anderson Moore Long Brown
Mcguane Brannagan Bate
Murphy Odonkor Browne

Subs : Bodin Taylor wildschut Kyle Joseph Jodi Jones Findlay

I am.not sure that you can judge Windshutt yet
He is getting back to fitness. I suspect that he will prove to be a very good player when fit.
Who is this Windshutt people speak of?
I know we signed a player called Wildschut !!😉

Regarding Windshutt, I saw nothing there to tell me why Jodi Jones is being ignored. In the limited games he has had he has shown glimpses of being a good player for us.
KR obviously has no time for Jones,so it begs the question
Why the hell did he sign him?
The bloke hasn’t really played any football since the end of last season and been back in training a few weeks! Was blowing out of his a**e after 15 mins of coming on, so clearly nowhere near match fit. Let’s at least let him get fit, before saying you see nothing there. The 45 mins will have done him the world of good, but still a couple of weeks before he’s really up to speed.

The bloke hasn’t really played any football since the end of last season and been back in training a few weeks! Was blowing out of his a**e after 15 mins of coming on, so clearly nowhere near match fit. Let’s at least let him get fit, before saying you see nothing there. The 45 mins will have done him the world of good, but still a couple of weeks before he’s really up to speed.
But this doesn’t answer the question as to why Jones hasn’t been played and indeed why Wildschutt is being played when clearly not match fit.

Wildschutt will come good you have to play your best players .Jones does not fit into our plans.

Birdio

Whyte not coming here………. Anything to do with our current manager.
I was misinformed about the money situation being the reason
As his contract runs down more and more he will have to pick the best offer he can get, which might still end up being from us. Regardless of what he does or doesn’t think about anybody.

Maybe it was the hair, can’t put my finger on it, but GOD for the first time looked physically like a L1 centre forward last night when he came on, whereas previously he’s looked like a big youth team player. One of the few bright sparks of this season has been seeing him and TG coming through, both look to really have something.

I've said before and will say it again if G,OD is coached properly he could be like drogba or even Lukaku this young man has the physique he's got pace he knows where the goal is and he's only young he's only going to get better IF he coached properly and listens to the people around him.

But this doesn’t answer the question as to why Jones hasn’t been played and indeed why Wildschutt is being played when clearly not match fit.
Wildschutt is getting minutes off the bench to get him match fit, I thought that was obvious. 45 mins might have been a little to much though.

Regarding Windshutt, I saw nothing there to tell me why Jodi Jones is being ignored. In the limited games he has had he has shown glimpses of being a good player for us.
KR obviously has no time for Jones,so it begs the question
Why the hell did he sign him?

Tbf to Yanic, he is effectively doing a pre-season in competitive games along with Josh Murphy. I think we'll see more of what happened yesterday and them being switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom