Away Match Day Thread 26/12/2022: L1: Ipswich Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen a team melt as much as you yesterday.
Visibly gave up and couldn't be bothered.
All comes from the manager.
Thanks for the three points.
We were comprehensively beaten and were clueless for the last 70 minutes,but I would strongly disagree with your 2nd sentence.

All very strange,fan visits forum of a bottom half club to gloat about beating them

Shine your little mobile torches. What a feeble support for 20,000. I’d be embarrassed.

Having reflected a bit more; 1, we missed two of our better players yesterday , 2 we were doing fine till Browne got injured, 3, Ipswich were by far the best opposion I’ve seen since … Ipswich last season, 4, putting on Henry was really negative, 5 Murphy looked like he couldn’t be arsed, 6 the back 4 should have remained as last week, 7 the attitude of some other players was lamentable,

Finally McGinty simply isn’t good enough

Talk of a relegation battle is however complete horlicks.

Having reflected a bit more; 1, we missed two of our better players yesterday , 2 we were doing fine till Browne got injured, 3, Ipswich were by far the best opposion I’ve seen since … Ipswich last season, 4, putting on Henry was really negative, 5 Murphy looked like he couldn’t be arsed, 6 the back 4 should have remained as last week, 7 the attitude of some other players was lamentable,

Tim I don’t disagree with any of the above. Question as I always value your views…do you think this manager will ever have the balance and cutting edge team to get us promoted?

Hope you’re right.

We are too good to go down, trust me on this, as I am pretty sure I won’t get this wrong twice (the first in 2006)…..
Haha, I hope we don't go down, but you know the old saying.Nobody is to good to go down. Individual good players , don't make a good team. Blood ,guts, passion, camaraderie, is what you need ,as well.At the moment this current team, is not good enough. Poor summer transfer recruitment is to blame for that , I'm afraid..

Not much gloating going on, just a pretty accurate assessment of the game.
umm "thanks for the 3pts" and why would any fan give a flying fig who the opposition manager was. all rather too convenient for a supposed opposition fan to make reference to the other teams manager.

As someone who always look for balance, i already stated that both sides were doing ok and the "Spill" got their tails up and but for that we were comfortably heading for 0-0 at half time.

I think the Ipswich fans are just in general bitter about the fact that they've been slumming it down in League One for four seasons now, and until Monday they'd hadn't beaten us yet. And they just got a little overexcited when they finally did......

Suspect we won't be playing them again next season, although despite being by some distance the best side we've played in the league this year, they're still in an absolute dogfight for promotion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom